Planting Seeds of Hope

On Monday, 18 August, I visited Fred Magardie Primary School in Eersterust, Pretoria. What a special morning it was. I was joined by former airline pilot and aviation medical examiner Dr. Bjorn Buchner. We spoke to the kids about how important it is to protect, nurture and vigorously pursue their dreams. Dr. Buchner told the children about his life as a pilot and as an aviation medical examiner. Not only did he induce interest in aviation, he planted seeds of hope for a brighter future.



The message we hope to bring to each child is that anything is possible. If we work hard towards our goals, it can be achieved. We are wired for a future full of unique possibilities. No matter your circumstances, you have infinite potential. As Mac Anderson so eloquently put it; “Behind me is infinite power. Before me is endless possibility. Around me is boundless opportunity. Why should I fear?” 







Comments