The Story Behind The Plane Project

I’m an Aviation student at Loutzavia Flight School at Wonderboom Airport in Pretoria. Recently, I attended a corporate event at the South African Aviation Museum. A major corporate company held their annual staff party at the SAA museum at Rand Airport, Johannesburg. They afforded their employees the opportunity to fly in a DC 3 aircraft, and tour the Boeing 737 aircraft. After the flight and the tour, I spoke to some of these employees – who before this – had never flown before – let alone been in an aircraft – their joy and excitement gave me the greatest pleasure, so much so, that I was inspired to start a project where underprivileged kids can experience the same exhilarating feeling of flight and know that they can do it too. They can fly too. They can reach their dreams too. I created this initiative out of a desire to marry two passions: Aviation and helping underprivileged children/teens. Each child has been wired for a future full of unique possibilities. We have the opportunity to shape a child's dream and help make it a reality. 



- Kelly  

Comments